Monday, October 24, 2011

College Admissions Essays

The purpose of writing a college admissions essay is to get yourself into college. So yeah its self explanatory but there are certain guidelines you must follow to ensure that the colleges you are applying for find favor in your essay. One is that you must portray an experience of yours through a story as would an author. Another is to be honest and show your qualities. The part I am struggling with is the story. Now the way I typically write is straightforward and concise to get a general idea across to my audience, which is what I am doing as of now. However, what the colleges want do not correspond with my skills, hence, I am not being myself, which is a guideline that must be followed like I had previously stated earlier. So the question that arises is, which guideline should I follow, my strengths and the self proclamation or the oh so desired story among colleges?

idk asi Ayuda!! jk idc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home